Tuesday 25 October 2016

The first post: saying hello!

Hello and welcome to my blog, Cambridgeshire nature notes! This is my spot for keeping a record of all the nature-related things I see and do out in the Cambridgeshire countryside (and beyond, perhaps!). There will be sketching, studies and photos, and general rambling on, no doubt.

I'm lucky enough to have lots of lovely places nearby, from the flat land and big skies of the fens to fragments of ancient woodland, from gravel pits to rivers, farmland, churchyards, towns and villages, and my own back garden... I hope to visit lots of them, from my doorstep and beyond.

I hope you drop in for a visit now and again! For now I will add some photos from the archive...

Tufted duck at Godmanchester Nature Reserve, Cambridgeshire
Tufted duck, Godmanchester NR

Starling at sunset, Cambridgeshire
Starling, Cambs


Bluebells at Waresley Wood, Cambridgeshire
Bluebell wood, Waresley, Cambs

Sunrise on the River Great Ouse, Cambridgeshire
River Great Ouse, Cambs

4 comments: