Tuesday 12 March 2019

Walking at dusk

A short post today, I just wanted to share a lovely walk I had on a less than lovely day (cold and cloudy, but dry). I'm not really a morning person (it's a big effort getting up and out for sunrise!) but I do enjoy walking at dusk, and there's often lots to see. I left about an hour before sunset and dallied around the fields, just noticing what was happening. Binoculars are essential - it's hard enough to spot things in the failing light and any help you can give yourself will definitely pay off. I'd have missed the partridge and probably the fox without binoculars, and the hares were rather distant too! Images are all clickable for a closer look.





 





Roe deer tracks




I was hoping (but not really expecting) to find a hare or two, and ended up seeing a fair bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment